Tuesday 29 January 2013

Boracay

This post has now been updated with great new images on http://www.nomadsblogs.com/boracay-philippines/

Check the above link or www.nomadsblogs.com for other adventure travel information.

Boracay is the most well known beach destination in the Philippines, the white sand beach is one of the best I've seen and the scuba diving is also incredible.
White Sand Beach:
Most of the lower end hotels and hostels don't have websites and quite a few of the people I've met here booked through an agents website and ended up paying triple the walk in rate. I wouldn't recommend this during Chinese new year or Christmas and new year but I had no issue finding accommodation.
My room is 1200 PHP a night a week before Chinese new year when prices are higher with no aircon or hot water.
Alcohol is incredibly cheap with a 375ml bottle of rum for 40php that's roughly $1. And double that for a 700ml. It's insanely cheap and doesn't taste too bad. Beers are around the same price.
Breakfast lunch and dinner can start at 100php for something basic or most of the restaurants do a buffet dinner or something similar from 250-600 php.
SCUBA diving for a boat dive was 1250PHP, here is a quick video of a sea turtle on a shipwreck I took on my first dive here.

No comments:

Post a Comment